Campbell Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bikes are great. They are a wonderful source of exercise and a low-pollution, low-cost alternative to driving. California’s brilliant weather allows more people to regularly commute by bike than in almost any other state. Unfortunately, bicyclists are susceptible to the actions of other drivers on California roadways. Motorists have a responsibility to stay vigilant for bicyclists and pedestrians, along with generally driving carefully and responsibly at all times. When careless and negligent drivers fail to adhere to their safe driving responsibilities, bicyclists get hurt.
The Campbell bike accident lawyers at Solution Now Law Firm are eager to help cyclists and their families recover the monetary compensation they are owed after an accident. We do not shy away from difficult and complex cases, and we are ready to go toe-to-toe with the biggest insurance providers or any other party. We take on a limited number of cases to provide individualized, personal representation to each of our clients. At Solution Now Law Firm, our number one priority is ensuring that our clients get what they deserve.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents are typically caused by a combination of factors. Bike riders face many of the same dangers as motor vehicle drivers and passengers, and they are exposed to similar risks. Bikes do, however, face additional, unique dangers. Some of the more common causes of bike accidents include:
- Inattentive drivers or riders. Cyclists may casually ride without paying sufficient attention to the road, and motor vehicle drivers might not even notice a bike riding alongside if they are not paying sufficient attention.
- Intoxicated drivers or riders. Drunk drivers are likely to swerve and make unpredictable movements while on the road, and cyclists are often unable to adjust in time to avoid a wreck. Likewise, riding a bike while under the influence of alcohol is also illegal because it saps cyclists of the reflexes they need to ride safely.
- Riding too close to a lane of traffic.
- Left turns and lane merging. Cyclists who try to turn against traffic or ignore merging lanes are likely to end up in an accident.
- Sidewalk, parking lot, and driveway accidents. Sidewalks, parking lot lanes, and driveways are much more narrow than roads. When cyclists are forced to share these narrow lanes with drivers, any small error by either party could lead to an accident and injury.
- Road defects. When a sidewalk or street has a pothole or large crack, it is apt to send a cyclist tumbling into an injury.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 30 percent of all bicycle injuries occur when a cyclist is hit by a car. Another 17 percent are injured in falls, 13 percent succumb to roadway defects and disrepair, and 13 percent are caused by rider error. NHTSA’s statistics indicate that the majority of bike accidents are caused by other parties. Solution Now Law Firm is ready to hold those parties responsible after a bike crash in Campbell.
Defending the Rights of Bike Riders on California Roads
In California, cyclists on the street or highway have the same rights and responsibilities as any other driver on the road. They must obey all the same traffic signals, ride on the right side of the road, obey speed limits and other road signs, and more. Bike riders traveling below the speed of traffic should travel as far as possible to the right side of the road, absent extenuating circumstances.
Motorists, in turn, have a responsibility to share the road with cyclists, taking appropriate care when a bike rider is on the road with them. Drivers cannot crowd bike riders or bully them off the road. It is illegal for any car, bike, or person to stop or park in such a way as to obstruct the traffic of a dedicated bike lane. If you were safely and appropriately riding your bike and a motor vehicle driver either hit you or forced you off the road, you have a right to recover for any injuries you incurred as a result. Speak with a dedicated bike accident attorney at Solution Now Law Firm to hear about your rights.
Help After a Bicycle Accident in Campbell
The passionate and trial-ready bicycle injury lawyers at Solution Now Law Firm are ready to help you fight for the damages you are owed after a bike accident in Campbell, Saratoga, Cupertino, Los Gatos, or across the Bay Area. Our bike accident legal team will negotiate with negligent defendants and insurance providers for the compensation you deserve or take your case all the way through trial to make sure the responsible parties pay what they owe. We care first and foremost about the well-being of our clients, and we tailor our representation to the needs and circumstances of each person we represent. Call us today at 408-256-2871 or contact us via email today to set up a free case evaluation.