San Jose E-Scooter Accident Lawyer
Electric scooters, i.e. e-scooters, are popular in California because of their ease of use, affordability, convenience, and many other benefits. However, while they share some characteristics with other vehicles on the road, there are significant risks involved with operating an e-scooter. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the injury rate is 14.3 individuals hurt per 100,000 trips – about 8,000 victims every year. Plus, there have been more than a dozen fatalities linked to electric scooters in recent years.
Our attorneys at the Solution Now Law Firm understand that your losses as the victim of an e-scooter collision can be devastating. We are committed to enforcing your rights and helping you recover the full monetary damages you are entitled to by California law. Please contact us to schedule a free case evaluation with a San Jose e-scooter accident lawyer who can explain your options. You might also benefit from reviewing some of the relevant legal concepts.
Risks Involved with E-Scooters
Despite their attractive features, there are significant risks for riders, whether they rent through Bird or Lime or own the vehicle. For example:
- The CDC reports that about half of all injured victims suffer serious injuries in collisions, primarily to the head and upper extremities.
- Even though California law requires an e-scooter rider to have a valid driver’s license, there are no rules regarding training or experience.
- E-scooters are not allowed on sidewalks, which means the riders of these smaller, slower vehicles are forced to travel in traffic where there are no designated bike lanes.
- Despite popular assumption, e-scooter riders are required to comply with all California traffic laws. Confusion over this issue is a common cause of e-scooter collisions.
Liability in E-Scooter Accident Claims
The legal process for recovering compensation as the victim of an electric scooter crash depends upon your role in the accident and how you were injured. There are multiple collision scenarios in which you could be injured, including:
- The driver of a car or other motorized vehicle hits e-scooter rider;
- An e-scooter rider strikes a pedestrian, bicyclist, or other road user; or,
- Defective equipment, a road hazard, or other underlying factor caused the collision.
Depending on the details, you may attempt to obtain monetary damages by filing an injury claim with the responsible party; however, there may be numerous individuals and/or entities to pursue. A motorist, Bird, Lime, vehicle and parts manufacturers, and others – as well as their respective insurance companies – may all be potential parties. Our lawyers at the Solution Now Law Firm will handle the legal details to ensure you receive compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Consult with a San Jose E-Scooter Accidents Attorney About Your Legal Remedies
As you can see, the legal process involved with an electric scooter collision can be complicated. You put your rights at risk by attempting to represent yourself, so count on the Solution Now Law Firm to handle the legal process. To set up a consultation with a San Jose e-scooter accidents lawyer,